The latest edition of Learning Connections, a news magazine from the UW-Madison School of Education, is now available online.
The Fall 2016 issue is filled with exciting news about School of Education faculty, staff, students and alumni. A pdf of the Fall 2016 Learning Connections is available here.
Fall 2016 edition highlights include:
• Letter from the Dean: After completing her first year as dean, Diana Hess says she now has a better understanding of what makes the School of Education so remarkable
• News and notes: Check out highlights from across the School over the past six months
• Honors and awards
• Media mentions: Faculty and staff are regularly quoted or featured by news organizations
• Curriculum and Instruction: Literacy by the Lakes connects School's highly regarded literacy faculty and graduate students to school districts in Wisconsin
• Outreach: Teaching about the 2016 Elections conference gives educators tools to talk about politics in the classroom
• Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis: Julie Mead travels around the state to discuss 'Public Schools and Privatization: What's at Stake?'
• Educational Policy Studies: Walter Stern looks at long history of educational disparities
• Badger Bridge: Check out a new way to connect with current and future UW-Madison alumni
• Project 72: New campaign linking UW-Madison to all 72 counties in Wisconsin features five School of Education alumni
• Rooted in tradition, with a vision for the future, Art Department examining innovative ways to move programs into the 21st century
• Dance Department celebrating 90 years on the UW-Madison campus
• Educational Psychology: Mitchell Nathan receives grant to research links between gestures and how students learn about mathematics
• Kinesiology: David Bell's research puts spotlight on hazards of sports specialization
• Kinesiology: University's anatomy courses now housed in department
• Student news
• Rehabilitation Psychology and Special Education: Researchers net grant to work with businesses on studying best practices for hiring, retaining workers with disabilities
• Class notes: Read about what School of Education alums have been up to, broken down by decade -– 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s.
• Theatre and Drama: 'Twelfth Night' runs Feb. 23 to March 12