The School of Education Dean’s Office, in cooperation with Student Diversity Programs and MERIT is pleased to announce the annual SoE Graduate Staff Orientation and Welcome.
Date: August 26, 2016
Time: 11 am – 5:30 pm
Location: Room 159, Education Building on Bascom Hall
Registration Early registration for the event is highly encouraged
The orientation is free, includes lunch and an afternoon reception. The program is highly recommended for all new Teaching Assistants (TAs), Project Assistants (PAs), and Research Assistants (RAs). It is essential students register to ensure appropriate food is available.
Sessions are designed to help SoE graduate assistants with the following:
- Learn and discuss strategies to become a more effective graduate staff member
- Learn about resources available to graduate staff
- Meet other graduate staff, and SoE faculty and staff
- Earn 4 hours of the required 8 hours of TA training
- Sessions include discussion focused on multiculturalism and diversity across the SoE, classroom climate, and build community among graduate staff
Sessions are designed to complement departmental training programs. As you may know, new teaching assistants are encouraged to complete 8 hours of training. For students attending the entire program, the Orientation counts as 4 hours of the required 8 hours of teaching assistant training.