Columbia University, Ed.D. Philosophy of Education, 1970.
Academic Areas of Interest:
Philosophy of Education, Ethics, Social/Political Philosophy.
Current and Recent Professional Activities:
- President of the Philosophy of Education Society of North America.
- Work on status of children in democratic theory.
Recent and Representative Publications:
Back to Basics: Fundamental educational questions reexamined. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1995.
"Diversity, Schooling and the Liberal State." Studies in Philosophy and Education 17:29-46, 1998.
"Facts and Norms in Policy Scholarship." Philosophy of Education, 2002.
- EPS 540: Modern Philosophies of Education
- EPS 548: Educational Ethics
- EPS 740: Educational Classics
- EPS 870: Theories of Social and Educational Change