Goodman Professor of Education and Jewish Studies
528-B Teacher Education Building
225 N Mills Street
Madison, WI 53706
Served as Director of the Mosse/Weinstein Center for Jewish Studies.
- Schweber, S. A., Hauver James, J., Kunzman, R., Barton, K., & Logan, K. (2015). Religion in the classroom: Dilemmas for democratic education. In Schweber, S., Hauver James, J, Kunzman, R., Barton, K., and Logan, K. (Ed.), New York: Taylor & Francis.
- Schweber, S. A., & Findling, D. (2007). Teaching the Holocaust: A Handbook for Teachers in Religious School Contexts. In Los Angeles: Torah Aura Productions.
- Schweber, S. A., (2004). Making sense of the Holocaust: Lessons from classroom practice. In New York, New York: Teachers College Press.
- Schweber, S. A. (2018). Holocaust education in the era of Trump. presented at the US Holocaust Memorial Museum.
- Schweber, S. A. (2017). Holocaust Education in a Global Context. .
- Schweber, S. A. (2014). . presented at the Collaboration between Tel Aviv University and UW-Madison faculty, Tel Aviv.
- Schweber, S. A. (2014). The state of Holocaust education at the Gaza war. presented at the International Conference for Researchers on History Education, London, England.
- Schweber, S. A. (2013). Reflections on Newtowne, one year out. presented at the , St. Louis, MO.
- Schweber, S. A. (2012). Controversies and consistencies in Holocaust and genocide education. presented at the , New York.
- Schweber, S. A. (2011). Perversions of history: Visions of Holocaust history in fundamentalist schools. presented at the , Seattle, WA.
- Schweber, S. A. (2011). Learning to teach about the Holocaust. presented at the Presentation to social studies teachers (under the auspices of Jewish Foundation for the Righteous), New York.
- Schweber, S. A. (2010). Holocaust education: An overview for teachers and administrators. presented at the , New York.
- Schweber, S. A. (2010). Holocaust education: An overview of research. presented at the , Washington, DC.
Select Awards and Honors
- Small Grant to study the construction and reception of holograms of Holocaust survivors ("New Dimensions of Testimony") in situ in Holocaust museums in England and the U.S., Spencer Foundation, 2019
- One-year grant in highly competitive process to serve as Principal Investigator for collaborative web-site curriculum development project for teaching about American Indians of Wisconsin on-line, Ira and Ineva Reilly Baldwin Foundation, 2014
- Awarded research support in a highly competitive Graduate School Research Award competition to continue collecting district documents and interviewing teachers from around the state of Wisconsin about work-life conditions in the aftermath of the passage of Act 10., UW-Madison Research Competition, 2013
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Residential Fellowship, U.S.Holocaust Memorial Museum Center for Advanced Holocaust Study, 2006
- Full support to attend graduate school at Stanford University, Wexner Foundation, (1993, 1997)
- Graduated with High Honors & awarded membership in Phi Beta Kappa, Swarthmore College, 1989